Marbella and San Pedro de Alcantara
Marbella, famously known for its glitz and glamour is only a 30 minutes drive from Malaga airport with the best sandy beaches of the coast, it has a stunning old town, with nice local boutiques, international de-luxe brands, lots of art galleries, fantastic cuisine and off course wonderful year-round weather. Puerto Banús, only 5 min drive from Marbella, has the most fashionable marina and beach clubs of the Costa del Sol.
San Pedro de Alcantara is a traditional Andalusian village that is 10 min drive from Marbella. Ideal situated to enjoy the good weather, new restaurants and traditional cuisine. The old town with its pedestrian narrow streets are perfect for afternoons strolls.
Our holiday home is only 3 minutes walk to San Pedro old town with its local coffee bars, restaurants and shops.
Only 15 minutes walk from the apartment, you will find San Pedro beach and long seafront promenade for long walks with great sunsets. Along the promenade you can enjoy cold drinks and tapas in any of its “chiringuitos”. Discover the historical Roman baths las Bóvedas (the Vaults) at the end of this promenade towards Estepona or walk all the way through to Puerto Banus and Marbella Beaches.
Here a few suggestions of places ready to discover:
- San Pedro Boulevard has a nice park, which is a 3 km long leisure area on top of the underpass road. It is a great place for children and adults for nice walks, playgrounds and trendy cafés. This area is 3 minutes walk from the apartment.
- Parque Forestal los Tres Jardines San Pedro, a big public subtropical garden for great strolls and different playgrounds for kids.
- At 1,5 km you will find Marbella wake board center, a unique place to practice high energy and fun watersports. Kids accepted from 11 years old.
- Visit the local market in San Pedro on Thursdays for fresh vegetables, fruit and local souvenirs.
- Marbella old town is only 10 min drive.
- The big shopping mall la Cañada is located at the entrance of Marbella with hundreds of shops, international brands, restaurants and cinema.
- Possibility of nice daytrips to any of the ´pueblos blancos´ (white towns) such as Mijas or Nerja for the authentic Andalucía taste.
- Ronda, at 40 minutes drive, is a little gem with its Moorish center and the overwhelmingly views of a deep canyon.
- A little further (2 hours drive) but definitely worth the visit is the city of Granada with the popular Moorish castle Alhambra but also a great place for fantastic tapas!
- Malaga city, only 45 minutes drive, nowadays an important cultural destination with Picasso and Thyssen museum, international theaters and trendy but also typical Spanish bars.